The Expressive Child is an independent children’s Speech and Language Therapy practice based in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, providing professional support for children at our friendly clinic, in school or virtually anywhere in the world via Teletherapy.
All our team members are highly experienced and fully qualified Speech and Language Therapists (Cert.MRCSLT) who not only have outstanding clinical knowledge, but who also know how to build strong relationships with children and families.
We have experience of working with children who have needs ranging from difficulties pronouncing one single sound, to children with complex physical needs affecting their communication difficulties.
We are a small, nurturing, sociable team of clinicians committed to clinical excellence.
We pride ourselves on our work, but balance that with self-care and prioritising a good work-life balance.
• Caseload size is capped and daily appointments limited to ensure time is available for clinical planning and administration
• We have a bespoke caseload management system for notes and liaison with parents
• Our outstanding administrator is there to support you and free your time up for clinical work
• You will have access to your own laptop and phone for flexible working
• Hours are flexible and if you want time off to go to the gym in the middle of the day then we can accommodate that! Working from home is an option too
• Regular team social events, which have previously included meditation, dinner, afternoon tea, manicures/pedicures and more
• We have a clinical excellence programme for newly qualified therapists as part of induction
• Well-stocked resources and assessments
• Access to outstanding supervisors with a high level of clinical expertise across a wide range of areas
• Regular team CPD and meetings