Abbot’s Lea School is a large and highly successful special school educating nearly 300 students age 3-19, who, in order to thrive and achieve their full potential, due to their Autism and associated complex learning differences, require a highly personalised teaching and a significant degree of multidisciplinary specialist support.
The school’s vision is to be the International Centre of Excellence for Autism Education, Research and Professional Development.
We ensure outstanding outcomes for all of our students through our unique Philosophy of Education – The ASD Model © which focuses equally on:
A – Academic progress
S – Specialist support
D – Development of life skills
Our Code of Conduct: The Golden Rules © expects us all to:
- Be here, every day
- Work hard and be nice
- Never give up on yourself or others
- Stay positive and be happy!
We also operate a Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) approach to all behaviours, which means that:
- All behaviours happen for a reason
- There are four basic functions of behaviour
- Appropriate behaviour requires skills; we teach those skills
- We never give up on our students