A creative, flexible and skilled Speech and Language Therapist is required to support children across our successful primary schools in Plymouth and Torbay.
Contract: Full time preferred, although part-time considered. Term time, permanent position, 39 weeks/year.
Actual Salary: Connect Grade F-H: £29,197-£36,475 (depending on skills & experience. Grade to be agreed on appointment).
Key dates: Monday 8/1/24 closing date (midday). Starting date asap in 2024.
A brief context of Connect Academy Trust
Connect is an ambitious and growing Trust of 8 successful and creative primary schools in Plymouth and Torbay. We educate 3500 children from 2-11 with 550 skilled and flexible staff. Connect is an inclusive and values-based family of schools, formed in 2016. We also operate 3 specialist support centres, integrated into our schools, for children with a developmental language disorder, deafness and/or autism. We have recently developed the UK’s first Ocean Conservation Curriculum, as we believe it is essential that all children understand the vital importance of the ocean, as an integral part of climate change, sustainability and our future. For more information about our schools, anchors and structure, please see our website.
Key Requirements & Duties
· To support children with a speech, language and communication needs across our Trust schools
· Manage and prioritise caseloads according to children’s needs
· Provide clinical care including assessment, diagnosis and interventions
· Work closely with the teaching teams in each school to ensure timely support and training is in place
· Ideally, a successful career as a Speech and Language Therapist/Assistant or similar, with high expectations and a proven track record of improving speech and language for children of all abilities.
· A SaLT degree (approved by the Health and Care Professions Council and Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists) and ideally a minimum of 1 year’s experience as a SaLT/assistant and/or working under a senior SaLT
· A good knowledge of SEND and a commitment to inclusive education for all children
· A commitment to learn from, share and develop excellent practice across the Trust, to improve children’s life chances and global awareness.
Why join us?
· Term-time only role, working with great children and staff in a successful, growing and values-based Trust
· A unique opportunity to create a new SaLT service and improve children’s outcomes, within a family of schools
· Receive a range of training and support as part of our Professional Learning Community
· Competitive, term-time only salary, with a benefits package and travel costs between schools paid
· Relocation package of up to £3000 for a successful candidate needing to move house
· Full support, challenge and teamwork with school staff and Trust leaders.
Please email email@example.com for a full application pack and, if required, arrange an informal conversation with the CEO, Stuart Bellworthy. The post will be school based, with office space available in both Plymouth and Torbay. Connect is fully committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS criminal check and online checks will be used.