Octavia House Schools are seeking enthusiastic and skilled speech and language therapists to join our Outstanding (Ofsted 2018) multi-disciplinary teams in London and Essex. It is an exciting opportunity to be part of our unique, seamless therapeutic team model which includes SaLT, OT and creative arts therapies.
The therapist will be able to draw upon their knowledge, skills and experience of working with children who present challenging behaviour and who have significant and complex social, emotional and learning needs often stemming from adverse childhood experiences. The purpose of the role is to work collaboratively with colleagues (teaching, support and therapeutic) to maximise progress for children at Octavia House Schools, sector-leading therapeutic schools. The therapist may work therapeutically one to one with a specific child or may support a small group or whole class, depending on need. The therapist may offer structured, weekly sessions to pupils, and/or in the moment therapeutic support where required. The therapist will support the successful operation of all aspects of the school, as directed by the senior leadership team.
This speech and language therapist will work with our unique cohort of pupils with SEMH needs and communication difficulties.
This role includes the followingresponsibilities:
- To plan, resource & prepare effective and engaging therapy programmes for children (supported by the teacher and leaders)
- To liaise professionally with colleagues as appropriate
- To build positive working relationships with children’s families
- To ensure children responsible for are supervised and safe at all times
- To plan, lead and deliver whole-staff therapeutic training
- To ensure that therapy is facilitated ethically, safely and with consent from all parents/carers/children
- To conduct a range of formal and informal assessments in order to suit a range of purposes
- To continue to obtain key information on children allocated to the specific therapy, to keep up-to-date with any changes in the child’s life and to inform the rest of the therapy/teaching team
- To adopt a capacity building approach whereby the aim of intervention is to equip staff with the skills to effectively facilitate the development of pupils’ communication skills
What we offer:
- Vitality's private healthcare package which includes health, medical and dental insurance, lifestyle benefits, heavily-discounted gym membership and various rewards.
- An Apple MacBook to use at school and at home.
- A daily lunch, cooked by our outstanding school chefs.
- Optional reflective practice and private counselling, provided by our therapists.
- Financial support of up to 100% towards relevant professional qualifications.
- The Nest workplace pension.
- Over 14 weeks of holiday, in line with our innovative term dates model.
- Opportunities for high-quality professional development, career progression and outstanding performance awards and bonuses.
For more information and the full job description please see ohs.uk.
You are also welcome to email Patrik Foster, Executive Principal, with any questions: