Livability Millie College are a new SEN College for ages 16-25 located at Holton Lee opposite Poole Bay. It is a one of a kind work environment with beautiful views, an invested and close team, and the opportunity to be a part of something truly special for our students.
The Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) are champions for the health & care of our students. They are hugely valued by our whole team and the community that engages with the college. They are experienced and passionate staff devoted to the safety and care of our students.
- To provide a high quality speech and language therapy service to the students/service users with wide ranging and complex needs.
- To be an effective member of the Multidisciplinary Team (MDT).
- To be part of the multidisciplinary team (MDT) delivering a high quality Speech and Language Service to Students with highly specialist needs.
- In conjunction with other members of the MDT undertake assessments of new and existing Students, implement and evaluate treatment plans.
- Assess and evaluate the communication skills of Students and determine aims and objectives for the development of their communication skills.
- To be accountable for own professional actions, working within codes of practice, professional guidelines and policies and planning own caseload’s therapy programme in line with short and long term goals, contributing to evidence based practice and outcome measures. Ensuring that data is collected as required showing clinical effectiveness.
- Select, develop and maintain low and high tech vocabulary communication aids used by individual students/service users.
- Within own level of competence take a role in the eating and drinking team, identify dysphagia, take case histories, carry out oral assessment and observe current habitual eating / swallowing practices. In consultation with the other members of the MDT liaise with external disciplines in the management of dysphagia.
- To keep up-to-date written student records and personal clinical observations. Communicating sensitive information in an understandable form to students, parents, carers and colleagues on a daily basis and attending meetings as required.
- Liaise with Health and Social Care professionals and other related statutory, private and voluntary organisations providing written reports, recommendations and referrals when necessary within the bounds of Livability policies.
- Participate in the planning, development and evaluation of the service and contribute to the annual department development plan in consultation with the whole department.
- To be responsible for and able to evidence own personal and professional development by undertaking the relevant training, attending meetings, conferences and events ensuring that you are updated in all matters relevant to the role in-line with your agreed Personal Development Plan.
- To carry out additional duties and tasks that may be required within the range of the responsibilities of the post.
- Middle Disciplinary Team
- Education Team
- External Care Services
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees
The Livability Millie College strives to be a diverse and inclusive community and welcomes applications from people from all backgrounds.
Job Start Date
Band 5, Band 6
Full time, Part time / Job share
South West England