Blossom House is an Ofsted-rated “Outstanding” specialist school for children with speech, language and communication difficulties. We acknowledge specific strengths and support individual vulnerabilities, so that each child “blossoms” and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
Band 5 / Band 6 equivalent (AfC Band)
Newly Qualified Paediatric Speech & Language Therapist
Newly Qualified (AfC Band)
Salary range from £32,400 (newly qualified) upwards dependent upon qualifications and experience
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist who has a passion for supporting children within the educational setting, to learn and ‘blossom’ in spite of their communication difficulties.
Our student’s primary educational needs are their speech, language and communication difficulties. Therapy and teaching are integrated throughout the school week for all students following a transdisciplinary model. You will work closely with the teaching and support staff, as well as with our OT department, physio therapist, specialist SPLD teachers, and Art Therapists on a daily basis.
If you are passionate about helping to shape the future of children and helping them to blossom and thrive, we would welcome your application.
· The opportunity to work alongside an enthusiastic and dedicated team of Therapy staff and Teachers. Our Speech & Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist, Art Therapists and Music Therapists aim to maximise each child’s potential in a nurturing and supportive environment.
· Opportunities to move between different client cohorts from Early Years through to Post16 provision to ensure ongoing professional development and variety within your career.
· Small group, 1:1 and in class work opportunities.
· Small caseloads and the opportunity to deliver therapy and see outcomes achieved.
· Opportunity to design bespoke intervention packages for children based on your professional judgement.
· NQT package including regular clinical supervision and support to complete your competencies.
· Generous continued professional development package.
· Great staff benefits including paid school holidays
· A friendly, supportive working environment, with structured support available for all new school staff.
The ideal candidate(s) will have:
· Confidence, enthusiasm and a passion for learning.
· An ability to work closely with Therapists from other disciplines in order to integrate SLT goals into the educational setting.
· The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
· Knowledge of clinical assessment, treatment planning and implementing, preferably paediatric, therapy programmes.
· An independent approach and be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of standardised assessment and clinical observation.
· The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
To Start: February 2024
Benefits include: 9 weeks per annum holiday plus applicable bank holidays.
Monday to Friday, 08:30 – 17:00
Closing date: 19th February 2024
Early applications are encouraged, and interviews may take place before the closing date.
We will consider early applications, so apply now!
If you wish to apply for the post, please download the application form from the website and send your completed application form, detailing how you meet the requirements of the person specification, along with your application activity to our recruitment team. The Recruitment Activity is detailed at the end of this advert and should be completed on the application form.
School website: www.blossomhouseschool.co.uk/vacancies
Recruitment Team email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please contact Jude Bellair, Head of Speech & Language Therapy via email:
This role is subject to the relevant Safeguarding checks, which will include an Enhanced DBS check