We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Speech & Language Therapist to join the team based in Poole & Bournemouth on a full time, Term Time only basis. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £28,522 (pro rata).
At Bournemouth & Poole College our staff are passionate and committee d to achieve the very best outcomes for our students – we transform lives. We recognise and value our people as our most important asset in achieving each of the strategic outcomes within our College’s Strategic Plan. We believe it is through our people that an excellent student experience will be delivered, and this will have a positive impact in our local community.
We value inclusion and we are committed to the promotion of equality, diversity, and inclusion, ensuring we have a diverse, skilled, and motivated workforce who are empowered and engaged. This makes our College a unique, vibrant and rewarding place to work. You will be employed through Southern Educational Professional Services Ltd; a subsidiary of the College.
About the Speech & Language Therapist role:
You will deliver a comprehensive, innovative and dynamic speech and language therapy service that meets the needs of students across the college. You will promote and develop expertise of all staff within the college through training, staff guidance and modelling for class-led therapy programmes.
As part of the role you will support the development of a Total Communication environment across college and provide guidance to SLT and governors on communication best practice.
Responsibilities as our Speech & Language Therapist:
- Contributing in a positive and supportive manner to the development of a highly effective and responsive support team
- Provide high quality therapeutic input to young people and adults with communication difficulties, through initial assessments, annual reviews, transition support, individual and group therapy programmes
- Independently manage and prioritise the service for a defined caseload of students; to meet the SALT provision and outcomes in their Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP)
- Provide therapeutic and clinical input to consultation responses for relevant students
- Liaise with all involved professionals and relatives as appropriate to ensure best practice
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues to support complex needs, using multi-disciplinary approach
- Provide professional advice in line with clinical guidelines and with due regard for evidence based practice
- Contribute to and deliver staff training (including induction training and workshops)
- Liaise with local SALT networks to maximise use of relevant professional networks, resources and training
- Recognise own professional boundaries and seek advice and support as necessary
- Manage clinical risk within the SALT caseload and generate strategies for management and prioritisation
- Ensure smooth integration of the SALT service with all other support services
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the SALT service as a resource, thinking and acting commercially to ensure maximum impact
As our Speech & Language Therapist you’ll ideally have:
- Knowledge of specific learning difficulties and disabilities
- Specialist knowledge of a range of relevant therapeutic interventions and assessment tools relevant to cohort of post-16 and adult students
- Able to translate policies and research into practice
- Flexible approach to service design, policy development and delivery
- Ability to set SMART targets and effectively measure therapeutic outcomes
- Substantial experience in working with students who have learning difficulties and disabilities
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy degree
- Registered member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT)
- Registered member of the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
You will receive excellent benefits and a competitive salary:
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 after 5 years' service
- up to 4 days additional leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the NEST Pension Scheme
Closing date - 19 October 2022
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Speech & Language Therapist role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.